THIRD QCTO COUNCIL
Following the expiry of the term of the Council of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO), the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation (MHESI), Dr Blade Nzimande has appointed the following 15 persons as members of the third QCTO Council to serve for five years with effect from 1 April 2020 until 31 March 2025, in terms of Schedule 3 of the Skills Development Act (Act No. 97 of 1998, as amended).
The responsibilities of the Council are to engage, ratify and approve the decisions and recommendations of its standing committees. Council members are appointed for a period of five years and can be extended for another five-year period.
The members of the third QCTO Council are:
- Constituency: Chairperson of the QCTO, Mr. Samuel Zungu
- Constituency: Chief Executive Officer of QCTO, Mr. Vijayen Naidoo
- Constituency: Executive Officer of National Skills Authority (NSA), Dr Thabo Mashongane
- Constituency: Chief Executive Officer of Umalusi, Dr Mafu S Rakometsi
- Constituency: Acting Chief Executive Officer of South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), Dr Julie Reddy
- Constituency: Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Council on Higher Education (CHE), Dr Amani Saidi
- Constituency: Organised Business (two members), Mr. Mustak Ally and Ms. Sibongile Antoni
- Constituency: Organised Community (two members), Mr. Yershen Pillay and Ramatsimele Francina Motjoadi
- Constituency: Organised Labour (two members, second member to be confirmed), Zongamele Mfecane
- Constituency: Public Education and Training Providers, Mr. Sanele Mlotshwa
- Constituency: Private Education and Training Providers, Mr. Jayanathan Soobramoney
- Constituency: The State, Ms. Trudy Van Wyk and Ms. Thandi Phele